If you’re looking to get more things done, you might like to try the “Ivy Lee Method”. It’s surprisingly simple. That’s why it works.
- At the end of each day, write down the six most important things (and not more!) you need to accomplish on the following day.
- Prioritise those items in order of their importance.
- On the following day, concentrate on the first task only. Do not move on to the second task before you’ve finished the first.
- Approach the rest of your list in the same way. At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
- Repeat this process every day.
If you want to understand why it works, read this article on fastcompany.com’s site.