How can we become more creative in the next ten minutes? Larry Kim (link to: inc.com) is back with more ideas.
He suggests that we:
- doodle something;
- sign up for a class in something we’ve never done before;
- create the right environment;
- pause the brainstorming and move our bodies;
- start a sketchbook;
- keep toys on our desks;
- engage in flash fiction;
- try the 30 circles test;
- role-play away.
Read the whole article to understand what he means.
According to this article (link to: medium.com) written by Larry Kim founder of WordStream, creativity is very much like a muscle that needs to be “stretched, challenged, and occasionally pushed past its comfort zone.”
So what can we do to stretch those creative muscles? The author suggests that we:
- learn through collaboration;
- do something we love;
- find inspiration from other industries;
- unplug (or just do nothing);
- set the right mood;
- use the six thinking hats technique;
- ask for advice or feedback;
- pick a terrible idea.
So what are you going to do next? I think I’ll pick a terrible idea and then see what happens! 😉