A warm welcome to English365 – with a tip, trick or resource every day of the year – and happy New Year!
I know we spoke about making New Year’s resolutions (Vorsätze für das neue Jahr) some days ago. Do you make them every year – and then break them a day or two later? Have you ever made a resolution and then experienced something wonderful and life changing as a result? Or are you the sort of person who never makes resolutions?
I found this worksheet the other day and thought you might like to make a note of your resolutions this year and the steps you are going to take to help you achieve your goals. Good luck if you do give it a try!
In German we say “Guten Rutsch” and in English we say “Happy New Year”. We don’t ‘slide’ into the New Year as the Germans do!
You might like to read Deutsche Welle’s short article about this German phrase.
Christmas celebrations are over and New Year’s Eve will soon be upon us. If you’re not busy with preparations, you might like to take some time to reflect on the past year and to prepare for the upcoming year. Are you going to make any New Year’s Resolutions?
It happens every year! People promise themselves to eat healthy foods, lose weight, exercise more, stop smoking, drink less alcohol, spend more time with family and friends … You don’t know where to start? Try this online New Year’s Eve Generator.
You want to send out good wishes for the new year and are lost for words? Would one of these phrases fit?
- Happy 2014! I wish you a new year full of joy and creativity.
- Happy 2014! I wish you a happy and peaceful new year.
- I wish you a wonderful new year filled with joy, healthy, success and happiness.
- I hope 2014 will be a year of happiness and success for you.
- Thank you for your business in 2014. It has been a pleasure to work with you, and we look forward to serving you again in the new year. We wish you a happy and prosperous 2014!
- We want to wish you and your loved ones a prosperous, happy and healthy 2014. Thank you very much for your continued support.
Or do you have some other suggestions for us all?