If you’d like to improve your writing, you might like these tips here (link to: medium.com).
The author suggests we:
- cut out the word “that”;
- delete the words “I think”;
- avoid words ending in “-ing”;
- write short sentences and short paragraphs (we’ve spoken about this before); and
- start with a short opening sentence to make it more compelling.
How can you become a better presenter? You’ll find some great tips here that might be able to help you.
Some of my favourites? I like the idea of structuring a presentation like a detective story, finding inspiration from some of the best, designing a slide deck with love, and working with simple slides (they’re much more powerful than overcrowded ones).
Before you go into your next presentation, take a look at the following tips (link to: lifehack.org).
- Cut out the words you might misread when looking at your notes.
- Don’t use words you might mispronounce.
- Choose words and phrases you know your audience will understand.