In the English-speaking business world, we often start our email messages with an opening sentence to greet our readers before we jump into writing about business topics.
So after the salutation (for example, “Dear Ms Brown” or “Hello Mark”), you might like to choose one of the following sentences:
- How are you? I hope you are well.
- I hope you are happy and healthy.
- We hope all is well.
- It’s a pleasure to be in touch with you again.
- Greetings to you and your colleagues.
- I was so pleased to see you in …
- We hope you enjoyed your trip to …
- Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are happy to be back.
Do you have any favourite openers?