Another difficult word to translate is the German word “Abitur”. Depending on where you went to school or who you’re talking to, you might say that you have your “A levels”, “Higher School Certificate”, “Highers” or whatever. People might not understand what this is.  My suggestion is to say that you have your “Abitur” (use the German word) and to explain that it’s an exam that you took at the end of your secondary education after 12 or 13 years at school. And I’d go on to explain that it’s a qualification that will get you into a German university.