According to author and fitness coach Craig Ballantyne (link to: inc.com), the best way to structure your day is to follow the 10-3-2-1-0 formula.
He recommends doing the following to improve your energy and productivity:
- 10 hours before bed: No more caffeine
- 3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol
- 2 hours before bed: No more work
- 1 hour before bed: No more screen time
- 0: The number of times you hit the snooze button in the morning
My alarm doesn’t even have a snooze button (well, I don’t think so). And if it does, it’s too far from my bed anyway!