What is Psychological Safety?
“Psychological safety is a belief that one will not be punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns or mistakes.”
Amy was the first person to identify and study psychological safety, a concept you might have heard about again and again.
What can we do to help our online participants feel accepted and respected, so that they are willing to share their thoughts and opinions freely?
– try to promote openness by asking participants to share something they are grateful for,
– invite people to speak up and talk openly about their emotions,
– ask participants not to interrupt others,
– create breakout rooms, allowing smaller groups to talk more easily, and
– use polls, yes/no tools, and raise hand and chat features.
Do you have any ideas to add?