How Can We Improve Our Focus?
If you’re like me and are optimistic when it comes to how much you can get done in a day, you might like to give the “Pomodoro Technique” a try.
It’s a popular time management method that can help us beat procrastination and improve our focus. And it works!
The only challenge is actually doing it on a regular basis!
So how does it work?
1. Prepare a list of your tasks.
2. Choose one task on the list.
3. Set a timer for 25 minutes.
4. Work on your task until the timer rings. (Keep a check on a sheet of paper.)
5. Take a 5 minute break. (You’ve just completed your first Pomodoro.)
6. Repeat steps 1-4 three times, and then take a longer 15 – 30 minute break.
And that’s it.
(This technique was developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. If you want to know more about this technique, take a look here.)